|If you have excellent
writing skills and extensive experience
in a country NOT currently in
the CultureGrams™ World
Edition series, you may be qualified
to help write a CultureGrams report. Please
follow the five steps below to
Step 1. See if your
country is on our priority list.
We are currently seeking writers for French Guiana. If you have expertise elsewhere, please see our Reviewer page.
Step 2. See if you
meet our Writer qualifications.
Our Writers come from many professional backgrounds, but they all must have the following:
- at least two and a half consecutive years of full-time residency in the country within the last four years
- a college or university degree
- some experience with writing in English
- advanced ability in one or more national languages for the country in question
- experience with people at different socioeconomic levels, as well as in different regions of the country
- a knowledge of the country's basic economic, political, and social structure
- current contacts with at least seven individuals with similar qualifications but different backgrounds who could review a draft text and offer useful revision suggestions
- a willingness to follow our format, process, guidelines, and deadlines
Step 3. Learn about
Who else is involved in the process?
cultures are complex and diverse,
each Writer must recommend
at least seven Reviewers who
would be willing to provide
criticisms, suggestions, clarifications,
or corrections on the draft
CultureGram. Reviewers respond
directly to the Editor. They
should represent diverse viewpoints
(e.g., gender, regional, political,
ethnic) and should more or
less meet the same residency,
educational, and language
requirements as the Writer.
Unless a text is properly
reviewed by at least four
qualified individuals, it
will not be published and
the Writer will not be paid
the full compensation.
How are project participants compensated?
receive a one-time payment
of US$1000 for an acceptable
manuscript. Payments are made
at the end of a successful
project. Reviewers receive
a US$200 courtesy payment.
None of these payments should
be considered a wage. All
persons are considered independent
of our company. They may not
represent themselves as agents
of ProQuest, CultureGrams,
or Brigham Young University.
All payments are offered as
thanks for assistance with
Copyright and ownership
ProQuest retains copyright over
all drafts of the document. Writers
work from their own residences,
submitting materials directly to
Step 4. Read a sample
Read a sample World Edition text to understand the kind
of information you will write.
You must have or download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Step 5. Fill
out the Writer Application.
your application by completing
No one should apply who is not committed,
qualified, and available to finish
the task. Writers must be self-motivated
and able to meet deadlines. Apply
only for countries on our Wanted List.
Existing CultureGrams do not need
Writers. If you have any questions,
send them to email@example.com.